Thursday, November 10, 2016

MTC (week 2)



Well friends, it sounds cliche, but i dont have much time to write haha. Ill just share one of my favorite things that happened this week. While we were in the referral center, i was scrolling through the people that need to be contact and one name intrigued me. I clicked on her and she was requesting a Bible in english but didn't provide her mailing address. i called her and she answered!!
This is how the conversation basically went. I told her i was from mormon.org and how she had requested a bible and i was just going to call and ask for her mailing address. She gives it to me and i ask why she felt she wanted to get a bible and she told me the following, "i need to be closer to Jesus. I just found out i have cancer (her voice starts to crack) and i want to be close to jesus. I dont know why certain things in my life are happening and i just want help.."
I felt my missionary purpose ring loud and clear!
"Monike, would it be arlight if Mormom missionaires dropped the book off and share a short message of jesus christ? Their message is just for you. its for you. It's centered on your need right now." She begins crying and pleads yes. She then asked something that made my heart ache for her. She said, "i want them to come. I want somone to pray with me. Im scared Mrs. Esther. i was thinking about what to do with my life and then you called. And youre telling me a message of hope and of joy. Thank you for calling me and thank you for saying those things." 

The conversation continued, i sent the refferal to the missionaries in that area. Those Houston Texas missionaries are lucky. She is golden and is so ready.

i love being here and having this blessing, this opportunity to tell people this message that is for them. i realized really how much people need this and want this, they just dont know it. It made me sad for monike, that she felt so helpless and didn't know what to do, but somewhere she knew that a bible would help her. I feel so privledged and so excited! Monike is being helped her loving HeavenlyFather because he really and truely loves her. I love her! I wanted to go through the phone and help her and hug her. She was crying and i wouldn't be surprised if the conversation we had was of the most hope. 

My friends, be nice. Everyone you meet is going through hard times. Smile when youre out, be the light that people need. You are god's child and he loves you :)
-Sister Garcia 

No comments:

Post a Comment