Sunday, November 6, 2016

MTC (week 1)



Well hello friends and loved ones! Its been exactly one week since i got here and i can't believe how fast the week went, yet how slow some days were. The first day was chaos and the second day was hard to also because there was so much information and so much to know and get used to. But it was really fun. It all got better on sunday, ill explain that in a sec. 

My companion is from Turner Oregon and she will be serving with me aswell. The rest of the girls from my distict will be serving in LA. 

The beginning days i had a hard time because i felt like i needed to show others that i have prepared for this. I felt like everyone around me had the same story and that frustrated me and so i felt the need to show how i was different. i Learned how wrong this was. The biggest lesson i learned this week was about humility and pride. I emailed my family when i first arrived to let them know i had made it safe, but then i got extra time the following evening and i told them of my frustration. My brother david told me some words of advice that really made me understand the need to look outward rather that inward. He said, "the spirit not only works through you, but through others."  I wouln't be able to learn the things i needed to if was constanly feeling frustrated by the girls who would talk about their boyfriends, or the girls who would cry at how they missed home. I need to learn compassion and learn that everyone has come to the MTC with different backgrounds. 

The Reno Nevada Stake's Mission prep classes really prepared me so much. I think thats why i felt like i was so ahead of everyone becuase i began my mission prep and learning long ago. They really made you learn about what missionary work is and how to begin NOW. So shout you to you guys! I feel very prepared and so grateful to have attended. 

We had Elder Nelson speak to us during the Tuesday Devotional. No one knows who the speaker is until they arrive (the missionaries don't know.) I was in the choir and seated doing some stuff on my tablet when all of a sudden everyone stood up. before i could see who it was i felt a strong power in the room fill up. I felt it in my heart and knew that whoever it was had power of god. The true and real power of god. As i looked up it was Elder Nelson and his wife. My heart pounded and i started crying. The room was filled with over 2,000 missionaires set apart with the rights and privledges of preaching the gospel. And in walks an Apostle of the Lord. My heart was full and i couldn't help but cry tears of joy. ME! i was involved in this. I was taking part in this amazing change that the world will know. 

i dont have much time so thats basically it. But i would encourage all of you to think of things that you might be doing that would impede you from feeling the spirit and would allow you to receive revelation. This week i will be working on humiliy. i would encourage you to pick something to work on and see how much the lord wants to help you be better.

i know this work is true and there is a prophet on the earth. he speaks to god and heads this church. 

CTR!
-Sister Garcia

ps, we got to go to the referral center where people from all over the world requested A Book of Mormon or bible on mormon.org and we get to call them and make sure the address is ok. we also share our testimony or favorite scirputre and it was soooooo fun!
(sorry for the typos, im on little time hah)

1 comment: