Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Faith, Hope, and Charity

I felt a few weeks ago like I had no faith and then I feel like I have a hold on things when poof it's another thing to work on. As a missionary I think missions are hard because you realize how sacred this is and how important  this is. I would be awful if, because of me, someone wasn't progressing. As we talked (Sister Garcia and Sister Fragoso) I had D&C chapter 4 come to mind. This work really does require faith and hope and charity. I realized that it's just part of missionary work and that sooner or later I was going to have to learn this. I realized how charity goes far more than just loving someone. It was because I loved Adriana so much that I realized I was so hurt, so frustrated with her. I realized because I love her I was allowing myself act this way. And then i realized that Jesus Christ himself isn't mad at her choices. he loves her regardless and is just concerned if she is repenting which she is. 

I know that we can do all things through Christ, Philippians 4:13 because he strengthen me. This morning as I began my personal study I prayed that I could be directed to know what to do know that I could know what I need to change, what do I need to do now? I was directed to Alma 31:31. I invite you look at it! and finish to the end of the chapter. I think it's only like 5 more verses. I just knew that all those missionaries in the scriptures also went through the same thing I go through. Thank goodness I'm not the first and thank goodness I studied faith for 2 weeks since patience is part faith. And that's what Alma does at the very end, because he prayed in faith. 

I am so grateful for the things I am learning. Funny thing is I don't realize how much I am until I write to you all or when I write in my journal. I love you all so much and I just want to let you know that I now it's through Jesus Christ that we can better. I can have better faith and more patience though him and I now God will allow me to grow and give me opportunity to do so. 

P.S we get to meet and shake Elder Cooks hand this Saturday! He's coming to the mission :) 

-Patricio got baptized! his entire family except his dad is a member . he is 8 but his family hadn't been living the gospel for much of his life and so we were asked to teach him and special prep him for his baptism and so we did and now he got baptized on saturday! so much and little. we love Patricio 

-And a Charlotte sign...haha




No comments:

Post a Comment