Tuesday, December 13, 2016

The Lost Name Tag, The Chicken in the Rain, Using FB to Teach, 1 month In NC

I needed an interesting title to intrigue :)
This week wasn't super eventful, which did make things kind of frustratig since i felt as if i wasn't doing anything. I'll share some of my favorite things that happened.
-On Tuesday i couldn't find my favorite nametag (i had a backup) and i was really sad. I prayed and prayed i would find it, but i felt as if i found the nametag in parts. I found  the magnet part of it one day, but not the actual thing. This taught me to pray fervently and to pray not only to find it, but to for the belief I actually would. 4 days passed until i actually did find it. It had dropped in a memebers yard, proabably while i was taking my shoulder bag off. It was such a miracle and i knew that this week i was suppose to learn the importance of prayer.
On saturday night, as my comp and i were planning, she said we needed to pray for new investigators. With Rogelio being baptized soon, we need new progessing invetigators.  With that in mind, i prayed that we would be blessed with the willingness to work and find, and for us to prove to God that he can trust us with new people to teach. On Sunday, we had 3 invetigators come. Because they fulfilled their commitemet and they accepted a return appointment, that day we gained 3 new progessingn invetigators. Miralces happen :)
-This week it rained a lot. It was cold rain and we were walking in the trailer park neighbourhood since we had several people in the area. No one was opening and we were both cold and wet and a little tired. Just then, as we're turning from the door to the street...comes a chicken. A chicken :) I can't help but laugh at how strange it is. My comp and i started laughing and joking and start taking pictures and have a blast, in the middle of a rainstorm with a chicken on the road. I love the tender mercies we see during the day. The way we laugh at the most random things, the way our conversations become something inspired and meaningful, and the way all things denote there is a God.
I am blessed to be part of a mission where we are allowed to use Facebook to proselyte. Only 10 mission in the world are FB missions. Our on date investigator wasnt able to come to church, but we were able to fb video chat and read the Book of Mormon! It was so fun and such a neat experience.
I learned this week that missionary work is something that should be enjoyed. Although not all weeks will be super successful, or eventful, its important to laugh and have fun and enjoy the minor details of our life. Im grateful for facebook, for the chicken who crossed the road (hah) and for the power of prayer. I know that through prayer we connect with our Heavenly Father. That time is so sacred, so personal and so needed in our lives. We need prayer because God needs to hear from his children. I love being a missionay and having lived in North Carolina for 1 month! Such a beautiful state :)
-Hermana Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment